How can I set up recurring donations on my website?
It's simple with Firespring's payment solution!
Activate the Recurring Payments option in the PaymentSpring gateway.
- Log into your Springboard and click My Website and Website Content.
- Click Manage Content for the page that has your payment form.
- Click Edit Form Settings and where the PaymentSpring gateway is selected, choose Yes to Allow recurring payments?
- Click Save.
Next, map the form fields to the PaymentSpring fields.
Don't skip this step. This is important to the creation of the customer record inside PaymentSpring, which is needed for the recurring payment.
- Click Edit for the Form Action: Charge a Credit Card.
- The fields listed (Name, Address, Email, Phone, Website) are customer fields in PaymentSpring. If your website form is using Advanced fields to collect this customer data, the relevant field is automatically detected and mapped in the integration. See screen shot below.
- If an Advanced field is not in use for a corresponding PaymentSpring field, the field value includes (None Detected). To map the field, click the pulldown list, select Other... and select the form field that will collect the data.
Select from your list of form fields to pass the data entered by your website visitor into the PaymentSpring account record. NOTE: It's ok if your form doesn't have all the data fields shown on the PaymentSpring Fields list. For example, you may not have a "Website" field on your payment form; just leave it as (None Detected) on this screen.
- Amount Field(s): If you're using the advanced field type for Payment Amount, it will be automatically detected, mapped and uneditable (and you can ignore the Select boxes below it).
- If your form is using the general field type for Amount Field, use the select boxes: Click on the form field(s) you've added where the website visitor will type in or select the dollar amount of the transaction. The field(s) will move to the Selected Items side. IMPORTANT: Be sure to only select fields that will contain a number (the dollar amount). This is critical to the success of the transaction. Selecting any other fields will cause the transaction to fail.
Below the PaymentSpring Fields, be sure the Amount Field(s)
are selected. This is critical to the success of the transaction. Click on the form field(s) you've added where the website visitor will type in the dollar amount of the transaction. The Amount Field(s) will move to the Selected Items
Be sure to only select fields that will contain a number (the dollar amount). Selecting any other fields will cause the transaction to fail. You don't want that to happen.
The option to Make this a monthly payment
is added to the collection of payment fields.
Learn more about Online Donation Processing with PaymentSpring
PayPal's Business Account offers Enhanced Recurring Payments. This may require an upgrade to your existing PayPal account. Once you have a PayPal Business Account, log into it, and follow these steps.
- Go to your Merchant Services section and click Subscribe under Create Buttons.
- Complete the information (donation amount, how often the recurring donation occurs and for how long, etc.) and customize the optional advanced features.
- Click Create Button.
- Paste the HTML code that's generated into a simple text file and send to us. We'll add it to your website. (A small customization fee will apply).