Create a customized proof upload form for each of your portals, and tailor the form and messages to each customer.
In your Springboard, click Online Tools and Online Proofing. Click Add Form.
1. Configure Form Settings
- You can add as many customized forms as you want, so using a descriptive Title for each will be beneficial. For example: “Online Proof – XYZ Company”.
- TIP: You may want to start with two forms: one form to be used with general customers who do not have a portal, and one form to be used with customers who have a portal. Portal users can log in to their portal and view and approve the proof there.
- Proof Category: Select a category. The selected category determines the portal where the proof will be uploaded into. Select the category you’ve created for this customer portal.
- Send Reminders (optional): Configure these options to send a reminder email if your customer hasn't submitted the proof approval form in the portal, within some specified time. Select the number of days before the reminder is sent, and update the subject and message as desired.
- Send reminder to recipient? Choose Yes to send a reminder to your customer. The reminder emails do not include a link to the file, so consider including a note and the URL of the login page on your website, to log into their portal and view and approve the proof there.
- Send reminder to sender? Choose Yes to send a reminder email to the sender of the proof. This reminder can be sent on a separate time schedule. Include the customer name in the Subject and Message so that you can see at a glance the name of the customer the message is in reference to.
- Example: Configure the proof reminder messages so that if the customer/recipient does not respond to a proof within 2 days, a reminder is sent to them. Further, if the customer does not respond within 3 days of the original proof notification, a reminder is sent to you (the sender of the proof) to follow up. NOTE: When your customer submits the Proof Approval form in the portal, before the scheduled time of the first reminder, the emails will be cancelled/not sent.
- Click Next and Configure the Form Content. Your form contains a set of standard, default form fields, as well as an email message to your customer. Update this content following the same process you use to update the other contact forms throughout your website.
2. Customize the Notification Email message sent to your customer
- Click Edit next to the "Send a Notification Email message" to update the email alert that's sent when the proof is uploaded.
- Update the Subject and Message as well as the email address it's sent from.
- To encourage your customer to log into the portal and view and approve the proof there, update the message to include a note about this, and the URL of the login page on your website. You might even uncheck the option to Include the file download link in the email.
- Click Save & Close.
To update any of the form fields, click the gear icon in the Actions column and click Edit Form Field Settings, or click Delete to remove a field. You may want to add more file upload buttons so that you can upload multiple files with a single proof message.
- Click Add Content and choose Form Field from the Content type list.
- Click Add Row to add multiple types of content (multiple fields)
- Click Save & Close.
- Click the gear icon next to the new form field and click Edit Form Field Settings.
- Field Type: select File Upload.
- Type a Field Label such as “Proof File 2”.
- Click Save & Close.
- Click Finish and your form is added to the list. To update the form anytime, click the form Title or click the gear icon and Manage Content (to manage form fields and messages) or Edit Settings (to edit the form title, proofing category and email reminders).
- Click Return to list of forms.
TIP: Assign a Message Tracking Number to this form. Doing so will automatically assign the same tracking number to the Proof Approval response message your customer sends from the portal. The two messages will be linked together even without the tracking number, but this will help you associate the messages even more quickly.
- Click the gear icon in the Form Header/Settings section and Edit Form Settings.
- Choose a Message Tracking Number Type and click Save & Close.
Click Return to List of Forms
to Send a Proof
with your new form!