The default settings for Order History inside a portal give all users access to the page, to see their own history. You can update the configuration to display the history for all users of the portal or for selected users of the portal. This is useful when a portal user is responsible for monitoring the online history of a set of users and/or needs to be able to reorder any of those items.
To do this, duplicate the page, set the page permissions so that the right user has access, and update the settings to display the history of certain users.
1. Add the page.
Tip: If you’ll be creating more than one order history page, add a Content Template first to speed up the process.
- In your Springboard, click My Website, and under Libraries, click Templates.
- Click Add Template and click Content Template.
- Type a Template Title such as "Order History – multi users". It’s good to make it descriptive; you'll be selecting it from a list.
- Choose to Clone Portal Page. Select the Portal and then select the Page.
- Click Save & Continue. Now the page has been duplicated as a Template which you can apply to the pages you add in the portal.
Click My Website and Portals and click the title of the portal you want to update.
- Click Add Page.
- Type a Title. The Filename is automatically created.
- Leave Page Location set to Portal Root, leave Design Layout to Default.
- If you’ve created a Content Template, select it from the Content Template list.
- Leave the rest of the settings as default.
- Click Save & Finish.
The page appears at the bottom of the list of pages. Drag it where you want it and drop it.
2. Set Permissions for the page.
- To restrict access to certain users, click Edit after the filename.
- Who can view this page? Choose Specific users & groups and then in the Users tab, select Users assigned to this portal, enter keywords if needed and locate the user(s) who should have access to this page. Click Add in the Actions column next to each user who should be able to view the page.
- Click Close.
3. Configure the Order History content.
- Click the page title.
- If you did not use an order history Content Template, add the Text and Order History content blocks.
- Click Add Content and select Text from the content list.
- Click Add Row and select Order History.
- Click Save & Close.
- Click the gear icon for the Text and click Edit Text to add text to the page. Click Save.
- Click the gear icon for Order History and Edit Order History Settings.
- Choose the Display Type:
- Order History/Reorder is the default selection. Orders display in a list, showing the date, Order # and Status. The user clicks the Details link to see the items in the order and reorder them.
- Reorder displays individual items, with a quantity box next to each item.
- Display Orders For: Select the users whose orders will be viewed on this page.
- This User is the default setting and displays the history for the user who is logged into the portal.
- All Users of this Portal displays the history of all users who have access and order items in the portal.
- Choose Selected Users to see a list of all users of the portal. Click to select each user whose history should display on this page.
- Can users export order history? The default setting is No. Choose Yes to allow your customer to export the order history displayed on this page. The export is the same, no matter which Display Type is set.
- Click Save & Close.